Wireless connection problems

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Higgins, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Higgins

Higgins Geek Trainee

I am having problems getting a good connection using my new pc. The wireless card that I am using is a belkin 802.11g, part F5D7001uk.

This card works fine in my old system, which has an asrock motherboard (unknown make).

My new system has an ASUS A8N5X motherboard and when I add the wireless card to that, I get problems connecting to the network. Some times it will connect, on the off chance, but other times it wont connect.

It does send packets, but it wont recive them, but this is only when it doesnt work.

Could any one help me out, as ive tried every thing, from powering down addon fans and dvd drives, to buying a new power supply, which none of fixed the problem.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Right click the wireless connection in the sys tray, status, and then find the connection settings like IP address, default gateway and DNS servers. They should be set properly, to something like 192.168.0.10, 192.168.0.1 etc etc. If they are blank, then something is wrong.

I've actually installed the F5D70001 for a friend, I had some problems when I installed the card first, when I should have installed the drivers first.

3. Higgins

Higgins Geek Trainee

The IP address, default gateway and DNS servers are correct, but only when the card decides to work. As most of the time the wireless icon will be red.

I installed the software first, then the card, like it told me to.

I really dont get it, because the wireless card works fine on this system, that Iam using to type this message, but when I add the card to my new pc, it wont work well or it doesnt work at all.