With a case like this, who needs to mod...

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by urb1972, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

heh yeah, or 'Darth Vaders Coffee Maker' as it was put on here some time back,
    i won't go out and buy it because its got great cooling, my case has just as good cooling and cost like 1/4 of one of those things, but if someone gave me one for free (nudge nudge hint hint heh) i'd readily take it...:p

urb1972 likes this.
  2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

The more I think about it the less I like my case. It's starting to look obnoxiously over the top and showy. The metal plate is just silly, why I bought it is beyond me at this point. Granted there are much worse cases out there but I'll make sure to get a sleek refined one for my next build.

urb1972 likes this.
  3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

get one like those antec ones....they are very sleek and stylish and not over the top, but if you want one thats still stylish but can have lights put in it and still not be over the top and has great cooling then get one like mine...my case is awesome (well i think so anyway)

urb1972 likes this.
  4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah some of those Antec ones with the windows are pretty sweet:good: And while I'm sure yours is sweet it would help if you had it as a gallery under your My Computer tab (an Admin can give you the thread ID).
    My next build will probably be a budget Sempron machine in one of those home entertainment type cases. I'm looking at the Thermaltake Mystic if you want to google it.

urb1972 likes this.
  5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

there are some pics in gallery, i did put more but they've still gotta be checked, until then check out this picture for the front of the case, i'm gonna get some more of the whole thing when i can be bothered, heh

urb1972 likes this.
  6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Man that thing is bitchin' awesome, sweet display too.

urb1972 likes this.
  7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

hello yeah, plus its got holes all over both side panels and on top, plus places for fans on top, and 3 on side plus 120mm on back, sweet cooling as well (its soon to have a media card reader and silver floppy drive as i hate the black one, plus a couple of cathode tubes inside it to give more light as well as my 2 led fans on the side :D

urb1972 likes this.
  8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Talk about bling for your buck, should be sweet.

urb1972 likes this.
  9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah the case cost £40 (about $60-$70)
    its gona be awesome, and it wont be harsh light like looking straight into a cathode tube as the dust filter mesh on the case sides dampens the light but still allows it to shine through, very cool

urb1972 likes this.
  10. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

i am thinking of tinting my side windows, so its darker and you can only just see through it.

urb1972 likes this.
  11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

sounds cool, what colour tint though?

urb1972 likes this.
  12. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

my case is so blue, so it would have to be RED :good: , i just dont know were to get tinting stuff form tho :p

urb1972 likes this.
  13. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

you could try acetate, like a thin coloured see-through plastic sheet and place it on the inside of the window
    EDIT: Very sorry for off topic stuff

urb1972 likes this.
  14. urb1972

urb1972 Geek Trainee

I may not get the Asus Vento after all. I'm getting dubious about that front panel falling off eventually and it looks pretty naff without it.

If I still do, though, I might put wheels on it, and if so...

neon underlighting :eek: gotta be done!!!

15. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah that would be good, i'm planning on putting cathode tubes under my case, it has g5 style handles that raise it off the ground, so i might put some coole eerie underlighting there

urb1972 likes this.
  16. urb1972

urb1972 Geek Trainee

17. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

18. urb1972

urb1972 Geek Trainee

19. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

the second one looks like a fridge but still cool cause its different

MINI FRIDGE - with dual fans and a couple of hungry man dinners in the dimm slots i also got a matchin 3 and a half HI-C juice box silver good for quick snack attacks..............lol

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I find the first Silentium to be rather homley but I do like the second one, it's a little plain but the aluminum looks sweet and it comes with a kick butt PSU and is damn near silent as it's name would suggest.