words and emotions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by talker1106, Mar 7, 2007.

1. talker1106

talker1106 Geek Trainee

(sorry but this is not computer related in anyway shape or form) A lot has been going on in my life lately and I thought I owe it to myself to write what I’m going through down so I can look back on it and see what made me the person I am. But that’s the problem for me, I don’t have much experience expressing myself on paper. My feelings are really intense and I can never quite find the right words for them. My past writing is mostly based on facts and more concrete things, which are really easy to get down and express for me. But feelings and emotions are something I have trouble with. So I got a really good idea, how about everyone on the board shares a list of words and phrases that they love to use when expressing themselves. I think it could be very beneficial to everyone =]

2. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

Stressed
    stressed
    busy
    tired
    exhausted
    pissed-off
    dissapointed
    angry
    relieved

At the mo these would sum up mine seslf pretty well.

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I'm in two minds at the minute, one is kinda sad and confused about a certain situation with someone, the other is lively and wants to party hard.

One:
    Confused,
    Complicated,
    Lonely,

The other:
    Lively,
    Excited,
    Energetic,
    Happy,

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

If you look at the Mood drop down link of HWF...u will find heaps of words ;)

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Vehement
    Caustic
    Exhilarated
    Somber
    Melancholy
    Numb
    Neutral

6. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

Its amazing how when i am called apon to produce words on call I can never bring out the big suckers that make my english essays so good. My advise is just to sit down and write like a diary entry to yourself and try to pour your emotions onto paper. Then burn it afterwards to make sure your dog dosnt take it off to your dad or even worse your girlfrind :)

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Also, there's something to be said for a thesaurus. I used to frequent the meager one I had when I was really into comic books and was creating boatloads of them myself.

From what I understand, guys in general aren't as talkative. I don't know about the rest of you, but my head is frequently in overdrive, but I don't talk all that much. Very little at work, and usually none at all when I'm at home. Now, I'm a bit more of an introvert, so that could be part of it. However, there's variances for each person, so the exact emotional level for each person is going to be different.

It's also easier to write on something you're passionate about. I'm sure you've notice how people like me can blab on and on about computers...or in this case, write.