WoW: Busy or RETARDED?!

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by UnSeEn, Aug 23, 2006.

1. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Greetings, fellow urbanites!

Recently (as in, today), I recieved my October issue of PC Gamer, a delightful little read for the intelligent gamer (cough cough). Anywho, inside this piece of literature was a DVD containing a 14-day trial of none other than World of Warcraft! "Goody goody!", quoth I. I installed this so-called "WoW" with little trouble, and attempted to access the website (World of Warcraft Community Site) to create my account. Low and behold, the website will not load!! I have been attempting to log onto this plagued site for some time now (4-5 hours), and still, I can only get so far without it stopping altogether.

Enough of that formal speak. DAMN IT! I can't get on that website! It must be the busiest site on the Internet, cause I've tried many others as test-runs. It's not my internet, I know that for sure. Will someone else try the site and check out some of the pages and see if it loads for them? I desperately want to try the game!

2. AaManiac

AaManiac Geek Trainee

Today were massive updates for the game... and with these particular updates there have been quite a few (read: a lot) of problems....

So when this happens.... Nearly every WOW site becomes flooded to death and ususally restults in no loads and the like.....

Sit tight be patient

3. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Nothing wrong with the european site. loads mega quick. The American site always runs slow for me but thats obviously cause im in europe.
    Wow website is normally busiest 1700-2000 each evening and also on tuesday/wednesday when they add the patches to the game servers.

Trust me this is an amazing game. Ive just stopped playing it after 1 1/2 yrs of solid playing. It totally consumes yr life.

I believe there are a few million playing this around the world.

kev

4. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Tried it, doesn't work.

5. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Hmmm...mebe I'll register on the European site then. I hope that works.

HAHAH! I struck out doubly! It's a Tuesday night...sigh..lucky me! Thanks for the tip. I'll check the Euro site now. Getting excited!!

6. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Arg! What a piss-off. European WoW site doesn't like my trial account number. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to test it out...thanks for the help anyway.

7. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Which side you gonna go for hode or alliance???

Alliance have masses of players so its always good for grouping and trade

Horde have less players but seem more friendly and are tactically better in battle.

Don't forget to play the battlegrounds, AV, AB, and WSG. Capture the flag whilst improving yr pvp rank.

Are u gonna choose a pvp server or a pve server

Then theres the class.

Warrior, Paladin, Mage, Druid, Hunter, Warlock, Priest, Rogue for alliance
    or Warrior, Mage, Shaman, Hunter, Druid, Warlock, Priest, Rogue for Horde

Then there's race and professions.

Decisions, Decisions!!!

Then there's game legal mods:- Titan or Cosmos
    And Last but not least Thottbot website

Sit back and enjoy

8. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Is WOW better than EVE Online?

EVE online is about 10 quid a month or 90 quid a year. is WOW cheaper than that? and is there anywere i can go and get a 14day free trial, from WOW's website when its backup?

9. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

WOW is either 8.99 a month or 25 quid for 3 months.

Don't know if its better than eve cause ive never played it.

Wow european site is working right now. though it will be busy soon cause of new patch being introduced today.

On the free trial front. once you register the game you buy you get it free for a month anyway.

There are alot of free trials avaliable of either 10 or 14 days. 10 day trials included with the game on purchase so if u know someone with a copy. chances are they will have one.