XBOX 360 Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by FearisFailure, Jul 17, 2008.

1. FearisFailure

FearisFailure Geek Trainee

So I just bought Ninja Gaiden 2 stuck it in my xbox 360 and boom! all of a sudden the graphics went from High Def to looking like it was back in 2-D graphics. So I turn off my console and try to turn it back on only to realize I have no picture or sound, so I call Microsoft and they give me the run around telling me to reset it and all that hulabula. Then they finally tell me ohhh its your graphics card. Would it be easier just to buy a new one? or can I fix this problem myself? :mad:
    Its just frustrating I buy one of the best games ever put out and this happens. I even thought about buying a PS3 but then I realized id rather die then give Sony any more power.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The Xbox, like other consoles, has the graphics integrated into the motherboard. Unlike your average PC, consoles typically don't offer user-serviceable parts or internal upgrades. Hard drives are about the most you can do. I don't know if it's related to heat or not, but you might invest in one of those air coolers and keep the console out in the open if you're not doing so already. If that's not fixing it, you're going to have to send it into Microsoft.

Plus, NG2 isn't on the PS3 from what I understand.

(I'm not a Sony fan, but the PS3 does have reliablility on it's side, which is why I got one instead of the Xbox 360.)

3. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

My friend just got one of those coolers for the 360 today for 20 bucks....
    Must say it runs pretty darn well!
    If you have warranty on it send it back, they should replace it. If its going to cost you big bucks to repair forget it, just get a "new in box" xbox from ebay

4. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Just go for the PS3... They don't break (except for when they do)! ;)

5. FearisFailure

FearisFailure Geek Trainee

Thank you to both of you. Its out of warranty and I didn't extend the warranty from Best Buy. Im off to the store to buy a new one. Thanks again!

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I thought MS extended the warranty on them?
    Oh, well, at least you can make use of the new price drop they have.