Xbox 360 v.s. PC

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by boxojko01, Apr 5, 2008.

1. boxojko01

boxojko01 Geek Trainee

Hey guys/girls im new to this forum and i like what i see, it's all layed out very neatly, good Avatars etc. So there has been alot of debatting which is better Xbox 360 or PC. I have a Dell XPS 420, and i must say i love it. I can run UT3 on max with no lag, and when i compared it to a PS3 (which is surposed to have a better "Rig") my PC kick the living S*** out of it. So im wondering what is a better at gaming PC or Xbox 360? What do you think?

I vote PC :D

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I think it really depends on the game genre as well as what the game was designed for in the first place. For the most part, I do not like FPS games on consoles, but something like Halo was well executed on the Xbox. On the PC it's rather dull compared with other FPS games, and had it come as a PC title in the state it was released, it would be mediocre at best.

Other games, it may not matter so much, but ones with less complicated controls may lend themselves better to a console.

I don't believe there is one platform that has all the eggs in the basket, and that's a good thing. You can go with a system that you find suits your gaming capabilities.

3. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

I think it's to do with what type of game your going to play, if your going to play a shoot em up in first person then i would say the PC is better, for RPG or racers and others i would say a console is better:) and at end of day it's down to your own taste. As for graphics there isn't a huge difference between the two but the thing is you can always upgrade your PC's gpu and you can't do that with a console, for new gen games you gotta buy a whole new one :p

4. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

I have both, but at the end of the day you can't play 'World of Warcraft' on a 360.........thread solved the PC wins.

5. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

I think it depends what you want to do, and how much money you have.

The 360 is cheap for what you get, and a PC often works out £1000's for a really good gaming one.

If you're a serious gamer then the PC would be better, but for most people (including myself), a console will be fine - in my case a 60gb PS3. Also, a few games seem to be released on console first.. eg GTA IV.

6. LORD

LORD Geek Trainee

Whats better cheese or pencils?

For FPS games the PC is better. The mouse/keyboard control interface works better.

For RTS games the PC wins again, how you play Tiberium Wars with a control pad is beyond me.

Driving games are better on a console. Even if you use a wheel a sofa is a better place to play than a desk.

I dont play many RPG games apart from Oblivion but when I do I prefer the console for the same reason as above.

3rd person action games such as GTA4, Gears of War etc - the console wins again. You dont need the fast twitch response of a keyboard mouse.

Flight sims - Debatable. Analog sticks on a control pad are a good substitute on a console but the PC has the superior keyboard control for more complex sims.

As far as graphics go my relatively old PC still looks better than my Xbox360 , and a more up to date one would be far superior. I cant see a console pulling off Crysis at high res/detail. You'd need to spend some money to make the difference obvious though.

One aspect that's not been mentioned is online play. Although the Xbox live service is paid for it's interface and ease of use is better than most PC titles. I never have an issue getting online with the PC but for a novice there's a bit of fiddling to be done sometimes, but then again it's free.

7. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

PC is my choice since birth ;)

PC - Any game you play, if you think is suited to a console, you could always purchase a controller to play these kinda games. (Provided the game releases on PC)

PC - you can control the level of graphics. Graphics look way better on a pc than on consoles.

PC - you can always upgrade your graphics card. On the console,its integrated into the motherboard.

PC - you can always enable cheats & trainers in games which are hard.

So PC gives you alot of options !

PC WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!