XBOX, what its worth?

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Willz, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hi, i boought an xbox with about 12 games for about £62, i have softmodded it, its got Evo X and UNleash X for the main dashboards, it also has other dashboards like Avalaunch in, that can be accesed via applications, there is over 10 dashboards on.

how much do you think i could get for the XBOX if i sold it softmoded and with 12 games? surely i would get more for it than a standard xbox.

Also, how much do you think i could get for it if i possibly taken the crappy ol 10gb hard drive out and stuck a 160GB HDD in, put all the games that came with the xbox on the xbox and then loaded it with 1300Music tracks?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Despite those improvements, the package together I probably wouldn't try past $350US (not sure what that is in British Pounds, but I guess it's around 275 Pounds). I'm not an expert, but do consider what the price of a new XBox is going for and deduct 10-15% off that, and do the same for the games. Just remember that if someone can pick up a new game for $20, and you're asking $25 for a used copy, even if it's in mint condition, the brand-new one is going to win out. Undercut the new prices by at least a few bucks to be able to sell your stuff. It's used, so don't expect to get full price. I would look around and see what others are selling it for and use that as a guide. You also might be able to sell it if you can be talked down a little. Sure, ignore lowball offers (i.e someone's offering $50 for something that should net you $100), but if they offer $95 and you want $100, I'd go for it.

3. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

$350 us is £10 lower than i would like it to be, which is £190, maybe is i put 30 games in, then i will try for £200