Xoxide UV Fan

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by maniacmodder, Oct 30, 2004.

1. maniacmodder

maniacmodder Geek Trainee

I found these uv case fans on Xoxide and was wondering if anybody has tried them?

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Well, the RPMs are certainly low, so no hardcore cooling there. But it'd be quiet, and although it doesn't say so, it appears to be ball bearing from the pictures.

3. evanjanis

evanjanis Geek Trainee

I have tried it before it is ok not the best. I dose not move alot of air so for cooling i would try to find something else. For just case cooling it will be fine. Also before you buy it make sure you want the LEDs or lights in the fan. Someone else posted on the forms that they thought lights in the fan look bad. Also if you do get it and decide you do not want any lights it is hard to remove them.

4. maniacmodder

Yeah i like theway they put the uv lights in the corners i dont like the ones where the leds are in the middle.............the main reason i wanted to get these was because i wanted the uv purple color............ hard to find and compared to Cooler Master Neon LED Fan that is purple it performs just as well.......in my opinion Thermaltake are the best my favorite is the Thermaltake Smart Fan II Coolmod but i need a fan that is cheap(in price) anyone suggest a fan that will push 50 CFM for 5 bucks?

5. Anti-Trend

Does it have to be LED?

6. evanjanis

evanjanis Geek Trainee

If it has leds then that is going to make the price a bit more.

7. maniacmodder

eh i guess not would be nice if it was transparent though

8. evanjanis

evanjanis Geek Trainee

You could get on but if you dont want LEDS in it then you can fin just about any fan that is good and dose not cost alot.

9. Anti-Trend

Well, here's a very good one with clear fan blades. It's $5-US, has two ball-bearings, and a variable resistor to manually adjust fan speed. And another similar fan, but with higher RPMs -- just $2 over your price range.

10. evanjanis

evanjanis Geek Trainee

Those look like good ones. If you pick on of those you can always just put a light in the case and it should come threw. I have never tried it but they might just block out the light becuase they would spin pritty fast

11. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I have one of those aerocool's on my heatsink. That baby moves AIR! like, fat amounts of air. No joke! It's awesome! A little loud for a case fan though

12. evanjanis

evanjanis Geek Trainee

What heatsink do you have.