XP Security Guide Pre-Release

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by megamaced, Jun 11, 2006.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Okay guys, I have been busy working hard updating my old 'Windows XP Security Guide'. Its not finished yet and I am looking for some feedback. If you notice any mistakes or wrong information, bad spelling or punctuation, please let me know!

Most of it is done, however some sections are lacking detail. Oh and please don't bother reading the 'Security Centre' or 'Other / Random Security Tweaks' sections as they don't even make sense yet!

Also, I am looking for someone who wouldn't mind finishing off the 'Install a 3rd Party Firewall' section. I don't actually use Zonelabs so it's a little difficult for me to document it! If you want to add to it, just add your text in this thread and I will copy it over to the main guide.

Any feedback is welcome, good or bad...

Click here to see the guide

PS. It's been absolutely horrible booting into Windows again :D

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Well done Mega................!

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

very impressive dude, I'm gona look into a way of highlighting important (must read) threads.

4. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Moved!

Thanks Pelvis :)

5. megamaced

Thanks for this, Pelvis_3 :good:

If you don't mind, I would like to modify parts of your text to better fit the main guide. I just want to change some of the formatting and layout so it looks similar to rest of the guide.

Unfortunately I will have to remove a few of the pictures because of room restrictions. I'd rather have the pictures show up in the guide, then presented as a link.

PS. Dammit, there is no 'Thanks' button the General Chat forums! Never mind, i'll randomly thank another of your posts :D

6. pelvis_3

Yeah that's fine. That's why i left it in it's 'RAW' state :)

7. megamaced

I'll edit your post in this thread before I move it across to the main guide. That way, you can also make changes along with me if you want to

8. pelvis_3

No problem :good: