XP Tutorial...

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Rusty S, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Rusty S

Rusty S Geek Trainee

Ive written up a tutorial on how to install XP for beginners... Just want to here some feedback: comments, suggestions, contructive critisism... :cool:

heres the link: SnapShot - Tutorials

2. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

Maybe you shouldn't use such vocabulary, it might offend people. But it might just be a joke from you just as well since you've thrown a smiley in there too....

The guide is pretty good but XP offers a pretty easy installation method. Part 2 of the quide about possible bios settings is the most useful as it helps people that might have problems with getting the computer to boot from the xp installation cd.

Keep up the good ;) work,

Greetings

Marcus

3. Addis

Addis The King

I don't think using the word n00b is offensive, unless you intend to offend.

Nice guide, but I'd try to stay away from dividing content in tables.

4. Rusty S

Rusty S Geek Trainee

Thanks for replys!

not using noob offensivly in this situation ;) , and ya, I know about the tables. Working on that, but im pretty much a noob myself at HTML right now

5. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

It's a matter of personal opionion, when playing games online simply calling someone a n00b will most likely result in players getting angry. You see it all around,

I didn't find it offensive either, but using "beginner" instead of "n00b" when trying to attrackt other HWF users to look at his tutorial will probably result in more traffic then it does now.

Greetings,

Marcus

6. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Dude maybe at the bottom of each part of the guide u should include links to go to next/previous guide directly as opposed to people having to hit back every time to go to the table of contents page and clicking on the next part from there.