XPlite

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Ghostman 1, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Yes,after using XPlite, I would like to know how to put or burn it to a disc?
    Or and ISO ...I am trying to get a bootable smaller version of XP..

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

well first use an application to make it into an iso, i think Magic ISO can make an iso, then burn it to disk using somthing like DeepBurner.

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Ok! I already used xplite and I was able to shrink XP down too 350 mb from
    670 mb. I removed almost all the junk , Like IE and OE and other junk.
    Now my problem is where do I look for the new version at, and Will I be able to make a bootable cd with this new version ? This new version Is a keeper,I installed it on an Old Hp running 466mhz with 128 ram with 6 gb hard drive..
    And it runs great.. No errors and no problems.. Now if I can just burn it to a disc... Any help would be so cool..:D

4. Willz

New version of what?, xp? yea you will be able to make a bootable version of xp with your new version, i would of thoought that program would of had an option to create an iso, I made a thread about a program called Nlite, it seems to be better than XPLite, it gives you the option to create an iso from the xp you modified.

I see you said you got the xp cd down to 350mb, try removing all the languages if you havent done that allready, all the games, wordpad, help and support etc.., if you removed everything you dont want, you possible could get it down to even 200mb, unless you want all that stuff in windows xp, i got mine down to about 200, now its about 300 as i used nlite addon maker and installed my programs into the cd, now it installs the main programs before i get into xp.

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I can't find a way to put the smaller version of Xp that I made from XPlite onto a disc, I tried nlite and I was able to get a working copy of xp,a smaller version down to 377,64 mb ,,, How where you able to get it down to 200 mb ?
    does it actually run,Thats seem mighty small. I did remove all the languages
    and IE and OE, What am I missing to drop it down to about 250 mb.
    can you give me a short list? thanks

6. Willz

i got rid of loads of things, too many to make a "short list".

I deleted, wordpad, security center, help and support, xp tour, all of valueadd folder, components folder, and another so all i have is $oem$ and i386, etc.., i used Nlite and basically just went down the list and deleted stuff i thought wasent needed or what i did not need.

7. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Hey, Thanks:

I will keep trying untill i can get it down too at least 250 mb...
    Thanks again...