Yeah, so I made a complete @**hole of myself last night...

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Anti-Trend, May 6, 2007.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Yeah, so I made a complete @**hole of myself last night for Cinco De Mayo. Went out with some friends to hit the town, but I mixed too many types of alchohol in a short period of time and ended up going wild. I don't really remember much of it, but I hear that I did at least the following:

• Threatened at least one cop.
    • Bullied random people on the street.
    • Puked on the dinner table... in the middle of dinner... in an outdoor restaurant.
    • Was a loud asshole with zero manners.
    • Talked about shit that never happened.

So yeah, I just IM'ed my friend to apologize, who I'm sure has sworn off drinking with me forever by now. I used to be fun to drink with, but I think I'm too old and have too much stress to be doing this kind of thing anymore. *sigh* ...maybe I should take up bridge or something. :(

So if anybody here can learn from my stupidity, please do. I'd hate to think I put all those nice people through hell last night for no gain at all.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Doesn't sound like you at all AT. Guess that's what alcohol can do if you're not careful with it.

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

[ot]LOL[/ot]
    it's only just started, to save time i started apologizing before i went out[ot]the next 5 years are fun (well they were for me)[/ot]
    you say that now, but wait until you go out again
    you say stupidity, i say
    people won't mind, in fact i loved watching drunk people when i was the designated driver[ot]don't worry it's like a right of passage, everyone goes through it[/ot]

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I'm wasted...

Not as much so as earlier... had god-knows-how-many shots of sambuca and lots and lots of Southern Comfort and just finished recording an hour long podcast with 2 flatmates whilst drunk... an hour of total nothing-ness... utter supidity.

It doesn't sound like you AT, alcohol does have a weird effect on people...maybe you should stick to non-alcoholic beer...although that's about as useful as an underwater hair-drier or a solar powered torch...

[ot]The barmaid who kept serving me as hot - the people I was out with all had glowsticks (including me) and so each time she served me I gave her another one, flirting with bar staff is great, plus she was totally hot and had a great a$$ :)[/ot]

5. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Alcohol has a paralysing effect on the brain. Some drunk people are voilent while others just fall asleep. If you are drunk and misbehave once, it won't be such a problem. But there are people who are drunk every day. Drinking bottles of beer from the moment that they wake up in the morning until theyh go to bed. Some of these people also have families and become very violent to other family members day after day.

But once you are quite drunk, at least you know how much alcohol you can take. For example, a day before christmas I drunk about 2 whole bottles of wine. Resulting in a huge headache with christmas.

[ot]I think you didn't feel great when you woke up the next day[/ot]

6. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Well, actually I used to be able to drink quite a lot more when I was younger, and I usually just wanted to pal around when I got that far gone. Now it seems to be a different story, where I can never know how much I can put away, or how I'll react to it. Maybe I should just give it up.

7. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Alcohol is a very weird thing... it's classed as a depressant (in the UK anyway) but it does seem to have the opposite effect (or allows people to 'loosen up' and go a bit wild (fun / good wild).

But saying that... i have seen it go the other way, alcohol just seems to destabilize your emotions... so you can become very angry / upset quite easily depending on the situation.

My opinion is that it should be treated like any other substance (that alters your state of mind), only when appropriate ! There's nothing wrong with drinking a beer while watching a movie to relax... but trying to calm down with a beer is not going to work, a shower/bath or cigarette would work better (for me anyway).

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah...I got extremely drunk once at a company party (the company sucked and is probably out of business now, but that's not the point). It was to the point that I got sick, and after that point, I put limits on my drinking. I didn't want to be an ass in public either as I made an utter fool of myself.

I never had a huge drinking tolerance, nor tried to build it up. I have 1 or 2 drinks when I'm out and call it good, with a rare occasion having 3-4. I'd rather enjoy what I'm drinking than get trashed.

I remember that sinking feeling well...you definitely want to go hide in a hole after doing something like that.

9. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

LOL, I can go crazy when I am drunk. I am usually reasonably normal when I drink beer, but drinking spirits, especially rum, turns me insane..

In fact, for a laugh, this is me and a friend, nicknamed "fruitnick" (the guy with the traffic cone on his head), very very drunk walking down Oxford St.

My friends and I get up to all sorts of crazy stuff when we are drunk...

10. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

And I quote: "Yeah, so I made a complete @**hole of myself last night for Cinco De Mayo."

I don't know about excessive alcohol drinking, but all I can say is this: I sure hope you didn't make any off-color Mexican comments for Cinco De Mayo, AT! :D

11. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Ok, so two things first WWWOOOO SOUTHERN COMFORT, and secondly, i will second that it is a mood destabilizer, not really a depressant. So that said, i know plenty of people who are fun when they drink but are stupid as all get out when they drink to much, so yeah, i can understand. The real problem comes in when people don't know there limits and just get stupid. You have to know when to stop, as it becomes no fun for yourself and you also ruin it for everyone else. Thats what i have experienced, as one of my good friends is the person i explained, always drinks to much, can't ever just stop himself, and when he goes to far he turns into a blatant asswhole and ruins it for everyone.

12. Impotence

Smear the rim of a glass with whatever spirit he drink's and then fill the drink up with his fav mixer, get him to drink as many as you can over a night....

Revenge in a glass, alot of people tend to act based on how many glasses they've had... so you can convince somebody there pissed off there head by, say, doing the above with vodka but pouring in a fair bit of water into there mixer in front of them.

It tends to be alot easier to fool people you think are drinking to act big (etc), of course this will shame them for weeks & months as no-one will let them forget it!

13. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

thats a really good idea, need to try that.

14. Impotence

People tend to try and not act like drunken fools once you've done that to them (but will most likely continue to act drunk for the night, claiming they where drinking / hidden stash etc so they don't look like tits!)

15. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Man... it sounds like you really went to town that night.....
    It's funny how with me it worked the other way around. I used to be a nightmare when drunk. Used to do all sort of weird :swear: Self inflicted harm and all sorts of :swear: Now that I am older (did I just say that), I hardly drink. When I do, I get very freindly and usualy just sit around staring at the walls, waiting for someone to show interest..... or bust some pathetic moves on the dance floor. I heave just from the smell of Vodka and normally just have the one bottle of red to myself.... a right ol' fart.... :p

The way I see it, as long as you did not harm anyone (you didn't did you?) and your little girl did not witness it... the rest will blow over eventually.

I never guessed you as the stressed type. Maybe lay off the Linux for a while? Go back to Windows for a bit and chill! LOLOL :chk:

16. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

it happend to me as well once..n that was the first and the last time for me. But i didnt swear anyone. After that time...i set ma mind. Never drink more than i can handle....lol~! but yea that was so rediculous..i was vomiting in the club. I entered in the ladies toilet folowing one of ma works colleague..lol! n then ma friends were carrying me on their shoulders... :doh: they put me on one bench nd it was so cold but i slept thea immediately. Then they were trying to wake me up..i was like...jst lil more time jst sm more time... i slept thea for bot half n hour. After vomiting 3-4 times i got control on ma body... but yea after that i decided to not to drink more than i can handle..

17. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

"I swear to drunk I'm not god."

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on"
    - Dean Martin

*edit*

I got completely rat-ar5ed on Friday night, I don't remember anything, I was drunk before I went to a party and from what people have told me I didn't make an idiot of myself *that* much:

- I was more outgoing than usual
    - I spilled punch over myself *repeatedly*
    - Spilled punch on my phone (now it doesn't want to work properly)
    - Jumped and grabbed a fence outside some apartments, it had anti-vandal paint on it...I got covered in the stuff...
    - On the walk home with people I skipped around and was generally bouncing everywhere...
    - Threw my phone in the road...
    - Filmed a friend throwing a road sign into a river off a bridge...

I'm glad I'm not an angry drunk or things could've been a *LOT* worse!!

[​IMG]

19. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well, i've fell off the floor, while testing that theory

very nice / attractive female of the species

20. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

When I get drunk I usually get upset easilly, or I just feel abit dizzy and end up throwing up allot, I usually can walk properly and I am glad I dont start ot act an asshole no matter how much I drink :p