YouTube video

Discussion in 'General Software' started by rebekka, Apr 10, 2007.

1. rebekka

rebekka Geek

Hi
    I am never sure if I have the right thread to post my questions.
    (Please tell me if this is the wrong one and I will move it)

I would like to save a YouTube video onto CD. Is this possible, and if it is,
    can somebody tell me an easy way to do it :spin2:
    Thanks

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I know you can put them in your favorites in your YouTube account, but I don't think there's anyway to download them...which would enable you to burn them to disc.

I don't know if there's a way to capture Flash video's online or not, and if it would just capture the Flash. It looks like that's what YouTube uses, which is why I'm mentioning that. I think if you can do that, you can probably get it.

They probably do it to keep the MPAA and other groups happy (relatively).

Alternatively, using a P2P app *might* net you some results, but that would depend on the video's popularity.

Oh, and I did move the thread to General Software since it fit better. I left a redirect that expires in a week, though.

3. rebekka

rebekka Geek

Thanks BigB, for the info and for moving my post to the correct place :rolleyes:

I shall keep looking.

BTW 'I left a redirect that expires in a week, though.'
    - not sure what that means - please would you explain - do I
    have to do anything? thanks

4. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

YES THERE IS A WAY

go to keepvid.com and open the youtube video and let it load, then copy and paste the url into keepvid.com select youtube.com and click download:D

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Download Firefox and [link=https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2390]this[/link] extension.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

When an admin or a mod moves a thread, they have an option of if and how long to leave a redirect in place. I typically use a 1 week expiring redirect because either the thread's finished itself off or the person should know where it is after a week. You don't have to do anything.

-the Management