You've got to be joking.....

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by megamaced, Aug 22, 2006.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

While I agree with AT that open source software would benefit the religious establishment, I do not understand why they need their own distribution. Perhaps they feel that in some way they are superior and therefore need their very own Operating System.

Most people who call themselves Christians don't even bother practicing it. All their lives they sin and only when they are getting older do they start taking more notice. And why? Because they know their time is coming and are hoping for a better afterlife.

The fact is that Christianity is a very selfish religion. All the Church wants is your money

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I see your point, but I have been trying to find info on their site which takes this tone and have thus far been unsuccessful.

Update: It seems that their A-record has mysteriously vanished from the Internet:
    Code:
    ; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> @4.2.2.2 www.whatwouldjesusdownload.com
    ;; global options:  printcmd
    ;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Maybe somebody out there agreed with you? :eek:

Who is "they"? There's probably like one guy behind the whole project. It's basically just a hack of Ubuntu, not a real distro (kind of like how Ubuntu is a hack of Debian! :D) How many people does it take to repackage a repackaged distro?

...And until then, they'll have to settle for Ubuntu!

That's why "they" have a free Linux distribution! To get your money!!!

1. Release repackage of [repackaged] Linux distro.
    2. Put Bible tools and filtering software on the distro.
    3. ???
    4. Profit!!!

Sinister! ;)

3. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

I think it's all a little over the top but I don't know why so many of you are worked up over it. The one guy who make repackages a Linux distro doesn't represent the Christian community. I think that if someone wants to have a Linux distro that they feel represents their religion then they can (it is open source after all). To each his own.

4. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well actually that's not entirely true.

While I agree that the Church wants money, I disagree that christianity is behind it. The Church and christianity are two completely different things. The Church provides an interpretation of the Bible, an interpretation of what christianity should be, that's all. So christianity is, and the Church tries to explain it.

Now, to stay on topic, I would call it cheesy indeed, more than anything else. And if some christians were dumb enough to wait 'til something like this to get a linux box, then now they have it, so good for them I guess.

Maybe this distro has an uninterupted high speed connection to God or something.

5. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

I think this is plane retarded, lets have a Ubuntu Satan Edition and Ubuntu Jesus edition too.

6. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Satanic Ubuntu :D where all the discs are numbered 666 :D

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Note my signature.

nuff said.

8. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Ohahahahaaa wooop ahahaha

modify Mandriva linux now to be Satanriva 2006, get Kubuntu, mod it new background, new icons etc.. to look like Subuntu :p

I reccommend you put flames on that sig too :p or a fork lol

9. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I was making a general comment on Christianity; I wasn't talking about the Linux distribution.

Look man, if you follow religion then I am sorry if I offended you, but personally I don't believe in any of it :)

10. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

The religion thing is a non starter for me. If god is all around us like people say then why do people all congregate together in a specific building rather than just do it while in the pub on a friday night.

Fact: more wars have started through conflicts in religion than anything else.

its good to see that i live in the second most unreligious country in the world behind Russia.

11. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Heh, I wonder how high up us Canadians are on the poll. Probably varies per province. Ontario is a pretty open-minded place, what with those big cities like Ottawa and Toronto. The Atlantic provinces (my homies!) are pretty religious, it seems. At my old school, I was the only atheist in my class of 14 (snicker). The prairie provinces might as well be southern states; they're such hicks over there. God-fearing folk and whatnot. ~shudder~