ZIP password cracker without the wait?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Dwarfer, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

Hi, :) at work we have a program called Advanced PDF Password recovery where you can use a function called "Decrypt now". It just removes the password without finding it (going through every keystroke in the world untill it finds it) - which can take days, even months and years..

but this program does it in seconds because it just removes the password, is there a ZIP program that will do the same for zip files.

thank you.

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

as far as i know zip files have to be brute forced as they are actually encrypted instead of relying on the program (winzip) to ask the user for a password (when you could just modify winzip so that it doesn't ask for the password).

so no, there is no such program :)

3. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

poo :mad:

thanks anyway

4. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

however, you might be able to speed things up by using a wordlist (literally a massive list of words) as the password instead of brute-forcing the password.

I have a 1.1GB wordlist [150MB compressed] but all i can find with a semi decent look in google is the older 24MB wordlist... if you *really* want it i could arrange to have it stored on dreamhost for a few days (possibly)