£400 - Budget Gaming PC

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by Geoff Woodward, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Geoff Woodward

Geoff Woodward Geek Trainee

Hey guys,
    It's my birthday tomorrow, and therefore I have decided to build my own PC, i'm a bit short on money and really out of date with parts.

I am looking for someone brilliant to help me string together a PC soley for gaming, for my budget of 400£. I do have a sucky monitor, however will upgrade that later.

I'll be playing WoW and various other shooters, and would like to get a constant good framerate.

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated! :) thanks

2. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

400 pounds is too short to work with for what you desire, but i can try and work around this. Check this out:
    Phenom II X6 = $200
    MB = $65
    550 ti = $130
    4GB Crucial DDR3 = $35
    case = $55
    cpu cooler = $50
    Total = $553.

I didn't add a Power Supply because you'll need from your country and i don't know how much they go for. But you'll want one with 650W or more if you plan to SLI/CrossFire one day. You don't have to go with the parts i selected but it's a decent build. The graphics card and CPU are great and so is the ram. I had to sacrifice performance on the motherboard. But stick around this build and you'll get what you're looking for ;)

3. Geoff Woodward

Geoff Woodward Geek Trainee

Surely 400£ is enough for a gaming rig that will smoothly run wow? Infact .. im pretty sure of it! :p Thanks alot for your reply, any chance of putting an equivalent intel processor? Which make would you go for and why? many thanks

4. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Random Person and Sniper like this.
  5. Sweep something like butter.. Lol'd<3

cube_ likes this.