1000ppm Printers?

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I doubt this will be out anytime soon, but some researchers have found a way to print 1000 pages per minute. Info over at DailyTech:

This isn’t some idea cooked up in the heads of a couple mad scientists - Moshe Einat and Nissim Einat have already experimented with a 57600 nozzle matrix print head and achieved good results as proof of their design. The implications of JeTrix mean more than just improved printer technology; it could also lead to new ways of gathering and spreading information.

2. Addis

Addis The King

I just read that a few minutes ago, I love the idea of having a book kiosk. It would give me so much more choice in buying books, and hopefully cheaper too.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's extreamly cool, if that could someday be implemented into comsumer printers at a resonable price (ink could still be an issue) I'd be pretty excited. Inkjets really annoy me, I'll never go back after getting my Laser and it's only like 16ppm.

4. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

umm what about paper, 1000 pages of paper, i think thats like 2 packets of paper. we would have to cut down every tree ever

5. Addis

Addis The King

Point? Instead of going to print books, paper can be used for kiosks instead. If a printer has a speed of 16ppm, does that mean you'll print 16 pages?

6. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

actually i was kinda joking around, but it would be convenient to not have to wait for a book to be shipped or get back in stock