1920x1200 Monitor - Recommendation

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Vlad, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Vlad

Vlad Geek Trainee

Hi,

I want to buy a monitor that will mostly be used for Web Development (and maybe a little bit of Graphic Design). The resolution that I want is 1920x1200.

I found some good offers for the following models:
    AOC P2460PXQU
    AOC i2460Pxqu
    Philips 240P4QPYEB
    Benq BL2411PT

Also, I found a few from Asus:
    Asus PB248Q, Asus PA248Q, Asus VS24AHL and one from Dell: Dell U2412M

Now, my question is specially about the brand (how much it can be trusted) and also about the ease of use. I would prefer it to not require calibration. That's why I would avoid buying a Dell (even though AOC also requires some calibration). And I would avoid Asus, too; I had an experience with a PB248Q, which, because of the rotating feature, didn't stand at exactly 0 degrees (it went a bit more to the left).

I know that all these brands don't produce their own monitors (and this usually results in a need for calibration or other configurations), but I am not sure about Benq (?).

Which one would you recommend me?
    Thank you!

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

I have Benq BL2411PT, excellent image quality. Missing USB hub and height should be more adjustable. Also only 60Hz. Still very good monitor and much better than any 16:9 crap.