2500+ on 75frn2-l

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by harrack52, Jul 20, 2003.

1. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

First I put my 2 sticks in slots 2/3.

175*11 was stable so I moved to 185*10 and it ran 3dmark flawlessly so I moved to 195 but it wouldn't even post no matter what voltage I'd put. I tried 1.7 vcore, 2.6 vdimm, 1.7 vdd, but it just wouldn't work so I decided to put the two sticks in slots 1/3 and now it will post at 195 but won't boot, and it boots at 190 and runs 3dmark flawlessly but crashes in ut2k3.

My cpu stepping is quite odd: AQZEA , I've never seen it before, it's a week 21 so it's older than what most us buyers get.
    Maybe I was just unlucky or maybe that particular store doesn'T sell that much of those cpus.

Giving more power seems useless in my case.

Sometimes when I save and exit the bios, the screen gets black and nothing happens, even the power button doesn'T work so I have to turn the ps off. Could the problem be my power supply ?
    Because sometimes when the overclock doesn'T work the bios tells me to change my settings, but I still get an image and the post starts.

Or maybe it's just the ram ?

I'll try in single channel and see what happens.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Run Prime 95 for 24 hours at the speed you want to check.

3. zeus

zeus out of date

"Sometimes when I save and exit the bios, the screen gets black and nothing happens, even the power button doesn'T work so I have to turn the ps off."

I get that too sometimes. It just will not even start POST at speeds I know are fine.
    Im using a 300w PSU, but ive got a 350w somewhere, when I eventually put it in ill say whether it helped or not.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I highly doubt it's the PSU. Antec makes some pretty good ones. If you suspect the voltages, might wanna check the 5V, 3.3V, and 12V rails and see what they give ya. I don't know if the Soltek board came with any temp/voltage monitoring program, but if not, people like to use motherboard monitor to keep an eye on that stuff in Windows.

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

It wasn't the psu.

I was just not giving enough voltage to the cpu.

Right now it'S at 200*[email protected] Vcore and ran prime95 for 8h49m without any errors.

die temp was 51C so it'S pretty good I think. It took 5 min for it to drop to 43C.

I'll start the 24 hour test tonight before going to work.

Looks like my cpu isn't a great ocer but it's enough for me

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Not sure what the default voltage is on the Bartons, might be around 1.5V, maybe 1.6V. Definitely don't want to go any higher.

7. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

the default is 1.65V.
    The latest DLT3C Tbreds had a default of 1.6V (the 1700+)

8. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well it's been 13 hours of prime95 now and still going.
    Normally I'd say it's in my back pocket but I just read on hardocp that the guy had an error after 16-18 hours of prime95 so...keeping my fingers crossed !

If it passes I'll try to do it in DC as I'm in SC right now.