3800 X2 right around the corner.

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Exfoliate, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

So for about $370 or less you can get yourself a dual-core beast, when Newegg will start offering them is no yet know but it should be "very soon" at least.
    "AS EXPECTED, AMD has produced a 3800+ which costs less than your average dual core CPU.

According to AMD Zone, a firm called Page Computers is flogging an X2 3800+ at about $370.

Last week we reported that MSI was providing indications that such a beast was soon to arrive. However, AMD has made no formal announcement yet. ยต

* WE HEAR the AMD part will arrive in Europe early to mid-August, and be priced at between $370-$385."

2. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

how much better performance will it have from a 3700 san diego? in single thread apps?

3. Addis

Addis The King

I would imagine, based on other benchmarks that it will be competitive with the 3700 in single threaded programs, maybe not quite as fast but dual core will compensate for that.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I just want Windows to fly basically, no bottle necking for me. How does the Toledo core or whatever it is OC anyway? Do you think I could hit 2.6GHz with good hardware?