5 Reasons Not To Use Linux

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Anti-Trend, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

[​IMG]

Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols, Internet Senior Editor for the prevalent Ziff Davis, has written a brief editorial explaining why we should all avoid Linux and stick with the big M-S. Short, sweet, and worth the read.

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

heh, that is a clever little article, nice one:good:

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

hah, there are no real reasons not to use linux. it's better in every way.

unless you have some weird obsession with ati.

4. Anti-Trend

I've gotten ATI cards working quite well in Linux, it's just a nightmare. Of course, it's more an ATI problem than a Linux one. But it's one of the things that held me back from migrating for a while. I eventually sold my ATI cards and moved on.

5. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

hahahahaha, very funny, it's all so true!

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

LMAO good article. I thought youd gone a bit loopy in the head then AT when I read the titlle

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

yeah me too, I figured you were just getting both sides of the story at first or something.

8. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

yes AT you sold the ATI card to me :) I better not have any problems! hehe

I read that yesterday, its made we want to try out linux again. So I will do in the next few days.

9. Addis

Addis The King

I've lost my mandrake CDs and need to download the isos for 2005LE. Here we go...

10. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

ahh i gave mine to a friend, i like being able to say that and not have it be illegal, GO LINUX!! i may have to do a re-install as i screwed something up ~hides in corner embarrased~ i cant configure stuff so i thought rather than spend hours trying to find a way around it, re-install it.

11. Anti-Trend

I broke my Linux installs dozens of times when I first got started by poking around as root with not the first clue of what I was doing. Now, I'm really confident that no matter what goes wrong, I can fix it easily. Of course, once you set up Linux, unless you actually get in & break it yourself (as root), nothing goes wrong. :) What I usually did to break it was trying to compile a new kernel and removing the old kernel before I'd tried the new one. :( Since I didn't really know what I was doing with the kernel compile, I'd have an unbootable system! Don't make the same mistake.

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I wont, well i say i wont, i'll try not too....i'm an uber n00b when it comes to Linux so i'll have to see what comes out of it all...