50hz Monitor Refresh Rate

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Raid25, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Raid25

Raid25 Geek Trainee

I got a Radeon 9600 on a Soltek SL-75FRN2 Nforce2 motherboard, (Golden Flame), and for some reason during the bootup I have only 50hz in refresh rate compared to the regular 85 or 75hz that kick in during windows.

It wasnt exactly a problem until I started working with Linux. As you may know, Radeon cards doesnt work too well with linux and it takes alot of config and re-installation of drivers and such before it works. The problem is that until thats done I have to (suffer) with a painful 50 hz during the entire config/install of Linux and that can take along time..

I've tried to change the "AGP refresh rate" in BIOS to various settings but it doesnt work :p I also have the latest catalyst drivers along with DirectX and so on. But that doesnt seem to matter since this seems like fundamental BIOS thing. I cant find any other setting in BIOS and the manual isnt helping either.

So...how can I change my bootup refresh rate to something a little less painful for my eyes? :p

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

This only affects the Linux portion right? Which distro are you using? Mandrake? RedHat? Suse? The only thing I can think of until you have the OS install complete is to either not look at the screen as much as possible, or leave the Radeon out and put in something like a GeForce 2 or other older nVidia-based card.