$639 for the G70! Lets hope that's not right.

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Exfoliate, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I imagine this is some prerelease scam that will get those too-eager buyers to spend extra dough on the best of the best but The Inquirer reports as to spotting the GeForce 7800GTX on iBuy power's site. I looked and didn't see such as listing, like I suspected, the scam probably went under or I missed it. Either way we can only hope the final product wont cost $639 dollars! That would be totally insane.
    See for yourself

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

They've spec'd the top-end GeForce cards to be that high before, and when they come out they're around $500 or so, depending on who makes them. I doubt we'll see all the next gen cards priced that high---at least if they want to sell many of them. I'd wager to say they're likely to have a similar price structure to what we see with the current GeForce 6 series. Intially, the prices will probably be high, but as production ramps up, expect to see the price drop.

3. Addis

Addis The King

Yea compared to the top of the range CPUs which are about $900 thats not a surprising price for a next gen graphic card. It won't stay like that though.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks dude, lets hope anyway, I can afford to spend $500 on a video card this summer with my work I'll be doing (baiting lobster traps for $12 an hour, and I choose my own hours:)), it's my parents who will have major problems and hissy fits over my potential purchase ("but you just bought a videocard!"). It's true though, nVidia would loose major money off the 7 series if they priced their cards like that, it's still cheaper than the 6800 Ultra though.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Just for the heck of it here's the new nVidia girl and a generic card pic. I personally prefer the mermaid myself."Luna"