a question about oveclocking?.....

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by DwnSthGaBoyz, Apr 2, 2004.

1. DwnSthGaBoyz

DwnSthGaBoyz Geek Trainee

yeah yeah im n00b, as big b calls me but how would i go about "overclocking my amd athlon xp 2.4 GHz? it has 256 DDR ram. Anything else you need to know ill tell on ask,thx

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

You're not a n00b anymore once overclocking isn't worth mentioning anymore -- let along bragging about. ;)

3. DwnSthGaBoyz

DwnSthGaBoyz Geek Trainee

oh im all about the bragging parts id just love to learn, i loves to learn, edumacashun........ yummy!!!!

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I don't think the XP2400's are the best OCers from what I understand. How good of an OC depends on the CPU, motherboard and RAM (unless you OC strictly by the multiplier). I you don't have an nForce 2 board, you're going to find that your PCI cards don't place nice when the PCI bus starts getting close to 40MHz.
    If you have an nF2 board (and the AGP/PCI lock is implemented) you're limited by the CPU and possibly RAM. I don't know what grade of DDR you have, but don't expect to go far if you only have PC2100.
    You could change the memory:FSB ratio at this point, but the overclock may not offset the loss in memory bandwith.