A warning to all cyclists!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ThePenguinCometh, Jul 16, 2005.

1. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

On the Selsfield road between Selsfield Common and Ardingly there is a sheltered, concealed, downhill off-road path that *looks* like an interesting place to test out your mountain bike brakes. DON'T DO IT, IT'S A TRAP!! First of all it's not a downhill path, it's a several-hundred-yard long sheer drop that nothing short of a parachute will slow you down on; it's covered in so much weeds, branches and grass that you'll be lucky to see where the path actually is, especially when your barrelling down at an insane speed gripping onto the handlebars for dear life; and, at the end of it, all you're faced with an impossible 90 degree turn which will most likely send you hurtling straight into a nettle-covered bank head-first. I was somehow lucky enough to walk away from it, though I'm now faced with a bill for two new wheels after mine were buckled beyond all recognition. Let this story be a lesson to you all.

Best fun I've had in years. :good:

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol cool I wanna do it!

3. ThePenguinCometh

I'll send you a map if you want, just bring some body armour with you! And have an ambulance on standby!

4. Addis

Addis The King

I got a new bike today. High speed collisions are fun.

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

My bike rules now but my brakes dont work! Anyone wanna pay me to get new brakes?

6. Addis

Addis The King

speeding down a hill on top gear with lots of weight and upcoming car with no working brakes = 0wned.

7. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Hell ive been run over once :D maybe i could survive again

8. ThePenguinCometh

I have to say that there is something exhilirating about utterly trashing a bike and being able to walk away from it. It's just a pity that there was no-one around to see me in my hour of glory. :)

9. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol you should of had a video camera in ur helmet that would of been a cool video