A200-204 or DV6870ee please help

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by jrizk, Jun 20, 2008.

1. jrizk

jrizk Geek Trainee

Hello all. I'm joseph a new member. I would like some help please:)
    I got two laptop offers and I wanna choose.

The first is Toshiba A200-204 with the following specs:

-T7500 Core2 Duo 2.2 GHz
    -2 Gb of ram
    -200 Gb HDD
    -ATI HD2600 256MB With 1GB HyperMemory
    - and the usual wifi/bt dvd smdl ...

The second is HP DV6870ee with the following specs:

-T8100 Core2 Duo 2.1GHz
    -3 Gb of ram
    -250 GB HDD
    -NVIDIA® GeForce 8400M GS 256MB Dedicated
    - and the usual wifi/bt dvd...

The HP lappy is cheaper than the Toshiba by 100 $ but that's not the point. I need some advice on which to choose considering the satelite has more clock speed but the HP's processor is penyrin based and the VGAs are somewhat different in terms of performance. Advices are appreciated. Many thanks in advance !

2. jrizk

jrizk Geek Trainee

anyone ???

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

They're both pretty good. I've had good experience with Toshiba, but I've heard some of the newer models may have overheating issues. In any case, I'd go with the one with the best warranty. Laptops aren't something parts are readily available for, so if it breaks it's not as if you can't typically fix it yourself.

4. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Personally I'd go for the HP, and buy an OEM copy of XP with the extra $100. XP would be nice and fast on either of those laptops. No doubt Vista would run, but XP would run faster :)

3gb of RAM seems like a strange amount, but 32bit Windows won't recognise 4gb, so it's pointless. The extra HDD space is nice, but the graphics chip isn't upto much. Stick with a console if you want to play games though, they're so much less hassle!