aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by yorkkev28, Dec 3, 2007.

1. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Im not seething, honest!!!!

I am wanting the MSI 8800GT 512mb GPU. It was sold out everywhere yesterday so i mailed all of them asking them to tell me when it would be in.

Aria PC got back to me at 17:25 today telling me that they had recieved 10 in stock. As soon as i opened the mail at 18.10 i rushed to buy it. only to find that as i put my card details in that it had gone out of stock again.

So, not a happy bunny!!!!!!!!

*Venting finished.

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The 8800GT's sure seem to get sucked up pretty quickly.

4. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

The Asus 8800GT is a poor relation to the OC'd MSI 8800GT and the EVGA 8800GT.

The Custom PC report on the Asus 8800GT said that it struggled in DX10 games with some pretty bad fps scores: 15fps for 'World in Conflict' at 1680 x 1050, and 'Company of Heroes' (which is emblazoned across the card) came in at 8fps at the same res.

*i hasten to add that these scores came from running it on Vista. So if you stick with outdated xp then the scores are much more pleasing. ;)

5. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

6. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Of course they are all the same *sarcasm*
    That's why the leadtek, you can buy for £150 but the EVGA and BFG superclocked come out at £220-£230. They may all say 8800GT but that's where the similarity ends.

Thanks for the info on the stock on overclockers. Obviously i'd like to buy one but am currently high bidder on Ebay for one. Auction ends tomorrow.

7. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Ok kool hope you win the auction be cool and play it right and you will win lol if you don't then only option is to buy a different brand card on overclockers o well :doh: