ACER AL1916 Colours and brighness gone funny

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by zinge, Jan 17, 2007.

1. zinge

zinge Geek

Hi,

Just turned my monitor (ACER AL1916) on after a few days away (was powered off at the socket) and when it first came back on it was extremely bright and washed out. I am now finding it increasingly difficult to get decent colour representation. My Auto settings doesnt seem to do very much. Although when i press it it does show me the sort of configuration i would like before returning to the messed up setting and misaliging the screen fractionally!!

Help somebody please!!

Cheers

2. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

What about the manual rgb adjustment option? I've got mine on "Cool" Furthermore, brightness is at 90 and Contrast is at 61.

Did you try to reset the monitor already?

I have a clear and bright image with the above settings, the only thing else I can image might cause the problem are your graphics card settings which might be off.

Greetings,

Marcus_X

3. zinge

zinge Geek

Out of the box it worked fine, When i reset i sets it to the "warm setting" and the white turns to pink. on the cool setting white turns to red both cases i mean vibrant colours not tinge or gentle hue but PINK or RED.

Where settings do you have your R G B at mine are all @ 50/100.

Has my monitor died? or just lost its settings

4. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

I don't manually set the rgb values, I use the "Cool" setting all the time. When I select "User" (Never used this before) it defaults to R: 80 G: 80 B: 70, but these are too bright for me.

I think your monitor might've died, but be sure to check your Radeon's settings though, there might've been a change in them. If you've updated your graphics card's driver lately that might have caused the problems you've got now.

Good luck,

Marcus_X