Acoustic Revolution?

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by Big B, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Is it just me, or have you guys notice a surge in acoustic versions of songs.

Off the top of my head, I can name several:

Incubus: Pardon Me, Drive, Stellar (all have acoustic versions)
    Crossfade: Cold
    Godsmack: Touche, Re-Aligh, Keep Away
    Breaking Benjamin: So Cold

It's really weird hearing some of these acoustic versions, but I kinda like it. I wasn't sure Godsmack could pull off an entire acoustic album, but from the tracks I've heard, it sounds really good.

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I haven't really noticed any, but then I don't listen to the radio, and don't really listen to mainstream. It could be that they're running out of material, and they need to make a new album

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I think there's some truth to what Fetus is saying here. Remember the the "unplugged" trend that went on in the '90s? Everybody seemed so impressed that Nirvana could play their material slower and without electric intruments... let me just say "Woah, I'm sooooo impressed!" :rolleyes: It was all popular enough, but at the end of the day I'd say it's just a cheap rehash.

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Kinda like how rock and metal have slowly fell off the charts and off MTV. Rap, R&B, Hip-Hop, pop. Music like that has become even more popular than rock/metal. Thus the rock/metal bands have started to play more to suit the public to sell albums. Take In-A-Gada-Da-Vida for example, no one would buy that album of a bunch of drunks rockin' out if they just released it today.

5. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

even though I haven't heard of any of these groups...acoustical versions are a common phase in music... about every other generation seems to go that way...I remember alot of groups in the sixties and eighties put out their own...or tried it as their main format...I used to collect records back in the late sixties and had alot of acoustical versions of chart hits by the original artists :)

6. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

It would depend on who re-recorded it...Iron Butterfly wasn't a big group in the sixties...the actually got popular later after they broke up...like the groups Ten Years After, Yes, and the Zombies...but like alot of late sixties stuff if the right group like U2 or Aerosmith were to re-record In-A-Gada-Da-Vida I think it would fly :)