Advice

Discussion in 'IT Careers and Certification' started by shortcake, Jan 5, 2007.

1. shortcake

shortcake Geek Trainee

Hey all hope you had a good new year.

Just wondering if you could help me out.

I am looking for a course to do to get me a better job. In a call centre at the moment :rolleyes:

I know that NeloForster suggested a A+ in hardware i think it was? (Thanks btw :p )

Just wondering what the best one would be for somebody with that much knowledge.

I know theres books to get etc. Would it be worth getting the books and then studying them then going for an exam or to pay for a course you can do at home as i dont get time to go to college due to work hours.

Would appreciate any help guys :D

2. Addis

Addis The King

I think if you get a book you should be all set. There's quite a bit of content, I got an A+ book my Mike Meyers, about 1000 pages hardback. You can skip some things you know, and its not all tiny text to remember.

With an A+, you might be looking at a technician job repairing computers. To go for a more systems based job you'll need networking qualifications like the Network+ and probably the MS qualifications.

3. shortcake

shortcake Geek Trainee

I have had a look on Amazon and there is a few by him that look quite good.
    Has some good reviews aswell

4. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Mike Meyers is a genious! He's got a good sense of humour and he explains things very well.

I bought his N+ book which helped me pass that exam