after i upgraded gigabyte bios the system does not boot at all

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by kariem2k, Nov 21, 2003.

1. kariem2k

kariem2k Geek Trainee

hello
    after i upgraded gigabyte bios the system does not boot at all
    thanks

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

could you give us more info on yoru system specs and how exactly you flashed the bios ?

3. kariem2k

kariem2k Geek Trainee

It is a p4 mother borad with a win98 os,i flashed the bios with q-flash for windows,i downloaded the bin file from the internet then ,I loaded it with q-flash and the updating operation was succesful,then i restarted the computer but before the winodws shutdown it told me in a blue message the he can't access the i drive,i pressed ctrl-alt-del 2 times and the windows restarted but the system did not start at all (the award bios screen does not showup,the vga does not be initialized)
    thanks

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You did flash the correct BIOS for the board? I know Gigabyte makes several variations of the same motherboard, with different hardware components, so flashing the wrong BIOS, even if it's the same chipset, could hose the board somehow.

Try clearing CMOS first.

Otherwise, the BIOS got hosed somehow. If you've got the Dual-BIOS feature with that board, follow the instructions in the motherboard manual on how to use the Dual-BIOS feature. Otherwise, get ahold of Gigabyte about a replacement chip or other means of getting a new BIOS.