After Installing New Memory My Computer Crashes At Blue Screen.

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by apwgameboy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. apwgameboy

apwgameboy Geek Trainee

I am trying to install a G.skill Rimpjaws DDR3 1333 2-4g sticks memory into my Alianware Aurora R2. When I start my computer it crashes trying to load up Windows 7 it gives me a different blue screen error every time. It does the same thing wile trying to boot safe mode and from CD. When I run a PSA it freezes when checking the memory. I have also tried installing a Corsair Vengeance 1600 2-4g sticks with the same result. I am pretty computer illiterate so i wasn't sure if my computer supported that one but I had the same exact results. My computer runs just fine with the original 3-1g sticks it came with.

My specs are the following.
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name WHEATON-PC
    System Manufacturer Alienware
    System Model Aurora-R2
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz, 2933 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Alienware A04, 6/28/2010
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    User Name Wheaton-PC\Wheaton
    Time Zone Mountain Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 2.99 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.49 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 7.44 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 3.28 GB
    Page File Space 4.45 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I have tried resetting the bios settings to the factory default settings and manually entering in the voltage and times needed. Also I have reformatted my windows a couple of weeks ago. Any help would be appreciated and links to explain what to do would be awesome. Thank you in advance for your time.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Will it work with ONE stick ? What is the old Memory ?

3. apwgameboy

apwgameboy Geek Trainee

Yes it works with the old memory, 3 1g sticks 1333, no it does not work with any of the 4 new stick mentioned using 1 stick.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

What does it say on the OLD sticks ?

5. apwgameboy

apwgameboy Geek Trainee

Do you mean on the physical sticks or when i try an run it?
    When I try and run it with the old sticks it doesn't say anything. It runs just fine. Starts up, no diagnostic problems.

On the physical sticks I don't see any information. My instruction manual just sais 3-16 gigs 1333MHz.

6. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Yea! on the stick itself ..

7. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Have you tried, Removing the Bio's battery for 10 minutes, then install your New ram to see if it will work ?

8. apwgameboy

apwgameboy Geek Trainee

no I have not, I will try that. In the mean time my old ram sais kingston 1g 1rx8 pc3-10600u

9. apwgameboy

apwgameboy Geek Trainee

I had to remove the video card to get to the battery, but I got to it, Then I lost the battery and ended up replacing it. Still had the same issue.

10. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

When you took the battery out , You did pull the power cord before removing the battery right ? You have to remove the cord from the power supply, Then push the power button to Discharge the computer..
    Then remove the Battery and your Memory for 10 minutes.... Now install the NEW Memory and boot.. Only try ONE stick at a time..

11. apwgameboy

apwgameboy Geek Trainee

Thats everything I did, word for word with all sticks one at a time. exeped I have the battery and memory removed for about an hour because I needed to get a new battery for loosing the old one.

12. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

On your memory sticks, it should say what voltage is needed. Your motherboard should detect this, but if not, you'll need to manually set that in BIOS. It may have a section for overclocking, power user, or something to that effect and that's where you'll want to look. If you're not sure, post back the available from the main screen when you get into BIOS.