AGP Texture Acceleration Problem

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Clonmac, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Clonmac

Clonmac Guest

AGP Texture Acceleration is "Not Available" in DirectX Diag. Also in my ATI Control Panel under the SMARTGART tab, I can't enable AGP, it only sets itself to "off", and nothing higher.
    I have seen this problem in hundreds of forums, but none of the suggestions has helped me. Here is my setup:
    P4 1.7Ghz
    384 RDRAM PC800
    AIW Radeon 8500

Here is what I have done to try and solve the problem:
    -In the CMOS settings I have tried all the AGP Aperture Sizes, as well as upgraded my BIOS.
    -For driver upgrades I have the latest Catalyst drivers. Also I have upgraded my Intel Chipset Drivers (a INF utility was available on their site). As well as installing their Application accelerator.
    -I have installed SP3 for windows 2000 and ran Windows Update.

I didn't have this problem in Windows XP Home Edition, but I wanted to switch to Windows 2000 Server because I had a RAID setup that XP Home doesn't support. Any suggestions would be great! Thnx!

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What RAID setup are you using and with which motherboard. The i850 chipset narrows it down some, but I must be missing something here.
    Basically, what doesn't make sense is the RAID setup not working with XP Home and why you're using Win2k Server. Just seems a little odd.
    Also, could you give the specifics on your system, like all the hard ware and drivers?

3. Gondo

Gondo Geek Trainee

There are 2 things you can check.
    Hit Start, run, then type DXdiag

Go into the display tab, and make sure all your DX
    features are enabled. you might need to click them off,
    then back on, to toggle them.

If that is a no go, go into your display properties, under
    the troubleshooting tab, and make sure that your hardware
    accelleration is over toward the right, max accelleration.

If it is over to the far left, AGP will be disabled.

If you cannot enable AGP, most likely your hardware
    accelleration is set too low, thus disabling AGP.