"All you can eat" music at Magnatune

Discussion in 'Bargain Zone' started by Anti-Trend, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Magnatune is an excellent label with a wide variety of music. They don't exploit their signees, and share a full 50% of the take with the artist. Also, all music released on Magnatune is released under Creative Commons licensing. This all said, I fully support Magnatune, and I hope you will too.

-AT

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

I'm not sure how you feel about amazon mp3, but all of their music is DRM free, and all songs are $.99 don't mean to hijack your thread. They seem to be a sweet label, but it looks like they are fairly small still, i haven't really heard of many of their bands.

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Well, it's just hard to compare $18/mo unlimited to $1 a song. This is especially true when the artist gets such a tiny cut of the latter, and it ends up being at least as much as a CD in a brick-and-mortar. And imagine I buy a classic punk rock CD, with twenty-five 1 to 2 minute songs on it. I end up paying $20+ for a CD that's a) short, and b) is sold for $5 by the band itself. Doesn't make much sense to me. :confused:

4. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

yeah, i get you, but i think they have a deal if you buy the whole mp3 album, not just certain songs, i'm not sure though.