All your news are now belong to me-PS3, Nintendo, games, Microsoft..

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Swansen, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Yeah, so i just thought i'd post all this stuff in one report, vs having about twenty news posts. On a side note, the tech world has been going crazy lately, and it just turns out that today, there is a lot of stuff worth posting, so here goes.

GAMES​

First off, Red Faction 3 has been announced, i'm sure that most of you could really care less, but i was so massively obsessed with this game, it wasn't right. Red Faction probably ranked numb three on my list of most time put into a single game.
    Red Faction 3 Heads to PC, PS3, Xbox 360 - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

NINTENDO​

So, Nintendo, their pretty crazy, pretty innovative, definitely innovative, and on a final note they're pretty crazy. Yeah, Nintendo has come up with some of the craziest patents ever and they all revolve around the Wii mote. Really though, why even bother, i can just imagine, this guy all hyped up on energy drinks going OH YEAH, SOME ONE WILL STEAL THIS IDEA, WE NEED TO HAVE A WII MOTE INSIDE A STUFFED BEAR, YES!!! Well, probably not really, but just take a look
    Nintendo patent profers wacky Wii add-ons | Reg Hardware

PS3​

Yep, so Sony is also crazy and i think there is a trend here. They have announced that they realize that two PS3s are just not enough for the public.(i'll beg to differ, i think its perfect, one with all the stuff and costs more, and one thats cheap, and its cheap, so don't bother) But Sony plans on releasing some other SKUs, they haven't told anyone what they will be, and for all we know their big debut will be something along the lines of, NEW SKU's SPECS ARE, RED, BLUE, GREEN, and YELLOW.....
    DailyTech - Sony Still Considering Different PlayStation 3 SKU Options

Microsoft/Yahoo​

Yeah, Stevie(aka Mr. Balmer) still looks like he's on something, but thats old news. Anyways, its turns out Microsoft is going to need more funding to make the Yahoo purchase. On the real, i am wondering if thats all the defense Yahoo could actually come up with. I mean, Microsoft is really shady, everyone knows that, so Yahoo might have just been like, well, at this point, if we make some outragous bid, maybe they will leave us alone. The current price is set at 22.3 billion, thats a lot of money. Maybe not even for those two companies, but that will take a while to start making a profit on. I don't know, from what it said in the article, a good number of people on the Yahoo board said that they were against the merger, so who knows whats going on.
    DailyTech - Microsoft May Borrow For Yahoo Deal, Talks Still Heating Up

Windows XP​

Apparently some one has started a petition for an extended support for XP.(not :p only with closed eyes, its just the letters X & P) Really, i'm all for it, XP has grown into a really nice OS, yeah it has its share of issues, but its pretty nice at this point. On a side note, i'm pretty sure they supported 98 for like five or something years after they said they were no longer going to support 98, i think it may be a similar situation with Windows XP(still not :p only with closed eyes) A lot of people like XP and i think will continue to use it for quite a while.
    75,000 demand Microsoft keep Windows XP going | InfoWorld | News | 2008-02-05 | By Galen Gruman

Asus Striker II​

WOO, pretty much, its just a really rocking piece of hardware, that i would like to own, and i'm sure many others would as well, so its just cool (look at the specs ooo)
    Asus Striker II Extreme Unveiled - VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle Forum!

2. rimmer

rimmer Geek

support for XP will probably be continued for a long time, as far as games are concerned in my opinion.
    M$ can't afford to drop XP yet, hell, a few of my friends at college have built new PCs in the last month or so, and all of them still use XP as their main OS, whether they have vista on another part. or not.