AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by schofield, Feb 18, 2007.

1. schofield

schofield Geek Trainee

Ok, I'm going to be really vague here but is this a good processor and what's the best gaming card I can use with it? I seriously need to get a better graphics card but im afraid I'll buy one but it won't be compatible or something stupid. Oh yeah and if you decide to help, could you get me a link with some of the best cards I can use with my processor? Someone help me please :)

Thanks in advance - Andy.

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Its not the CPU that could be incompatible with Graphics Cards, its the Motherboard.

What Motherboard have you currently got?

The best Gaming Card out right now is the 8800GTX, it costs alot too, you could wait for the R600 from ATi though, if your Motherboard has a PCI-E 16X (Not PCI, they are very different) Slot, then you deffenitly can use an 8800GTX on that board, but it depends if your willing to pay the 300+ for the best cards :).

I cant seem to find a 4800+ anywere, but is it a 2.6Ghz clock CPU? if so, maybe the 4200+ would be the best unless the 4800+ has 1MB L2 Catch, but i cant find a 4800+