Annoying Shockwave/IE7 Problem

Discussion in 'General Software' started by uberXuber, Apr 6, 2007.

1. uberXuber

uberXuber Geek Trainee

I just formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows XP pro. I have the same set of software and the same hardware - nothing new, nothing different.

Before the reinstall I could play shockwave games on candystand.com without any problems. Now when I try to play a particular one (matchmaker) IE7 crashes and the error report states that the faulting module is iml32.dll

I have reinstalled IE7 and shockwave and the PC is totally windows updated. I cannot fix it :mad:

I've tried new mobo and gcard drivers too. The same thing happens in FireFox as well, although it doesn't happen in IE6.

Can anyone help? Obviously I could either not play the game (but then the problem would still be there) or use IE6 (but I prefer IE7)

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

use Firefox or Opera, IE (any version) is insecure and unstable
    [ot]& has more security holes than 23 packets of polo's[/ot]

3. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

That dll-file you mentioned is very familiar to me. Look here.

4. uberXuber

uberXuber Geek Trainee

Well, the same thing happens in firefox. I haven't tried Opera because when I did try it, it said I needed the plugin then I had to reinstall Shockwave, then nothing happened, Opera doesn't seem to know the plugin is installed at all...

RHochstenbach - I visited the site, but I have already been there and tried to replace the original dll with one from that site and it just screwed up shockwave and I had to reinstall it anyway.

It was working fine in IE until I reinstalled my system so I know it is poossible for it to work, it's just bugging the hell out of me now that for some reason I cant figure out, it wont work...

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Try uninstalling it first and then install again :unsure: