Antec Sonata ATX case

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Antec has some of the more popular cases on the market, and Mikhailtech takes a look at their black Sonata-series case.

With everything installed and powered on, the superbright blue LEDs add a nice soft glow to the case bezel thanks to the partial refraction of the globes. It would have been nice if the power/HDD LEDs were also blue/red rather than the seemingly low class green/orange. As far as modding is concerned, the Sonata wouldn't be my first choice. I already mentioned the permanently affixed support bar and the non-removable motherboard tray. Another thing that's present on most mid tower Antecs is a fixed side panel (on the motherboard side). This makes it extremely difficult to remove the front bezel for any mods since it's held in place by internal tabs on either side of the 5.25" and 3.5" racks. One side is easily accessible; the other is not.

Personally, I love drive rails and really encourage anyone looking for a new case to take a good look at any unit with them. Kinda like this review.