Anti Virus / Spyware

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Nefrit, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Nefrit

Nefrit Guest

I am looking for a solution to replace our current outdated software. I downloaded a trial of computer associates Integrated Threat Management 8 but didn't have pleasant results with it.

What do you all use on your corporate network?

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Check out Kaspersky or NOD32 they are the best in my opinion.

3. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Iv'e tried Kaspersky and it took up so many of my resources. TO MUCH. I had to uninstall it so i can't say if its good or not dealing with spyware or viruses.
    I found the best one to be AVG. Its free. It doesnt use a lot of resources (RAM)... it constantly has updates. Its great

AVG Free Advisor - Free antivirus and anti-spyware downloads

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I also use AVG in allot of my older pc's, that or Avast is also real good...
    BUT they are not rated as high as Kaspersky or NOD 32 .... What ever you
    decide, Stay away from ALL Norton and McAfee software...

5. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

I have used both Kaspersky and NOD32 they are both very good but i prefer NOD32 as its more user friendly.

6. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

I've been reading a lot about the NOD32... im thinking of installing it. Looks pretty sweet. Does it use more resources than AVG?

7. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

Avast is very nice, the home version is free because it is a coorporate software.

8. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

I also noticed with avast is that you constantly get updates like twice a day but my NOD32 only updates a few times a week but they are bigger updates while avast are small ones

9. Patrick785

Patrick785 Geek Trainee

It's very important to be protected against Spywares (Online Identity thiefs )
    I've never used this one in the past. But definitly It should be a good one.
    In fact there are a lots like Norton and ZenOK that include online backup tool.
    I think you should try it at least and if you dont like it, try the ones above!

Good Luck and be safe!

10. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

AVG is real good, but not the best in my opinion..the new version seems to have allot of glitches..

11. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Check out Microsoft Security Essentials. Had it for 2 months now, nothing bad to say about it. Daily definition updates, real time protection, free...