Anyone watch anime?

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Big B, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I do---when I get the chance. I like the animation styles and the big robots (have since I was a kid:chk: ), though some people think it's for kiddies---which a lot isn't.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

me, no, I don't think?! I've ever seen one, other than the normal cartoons on tv, theres something about them which I just don't like! :( :p :blah:

3. GambleR_MasteR

GambleR_MasteR Geek Trainee

I Watch Naruto, Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Tokio Underground ..... and loads more :D

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If my budget allows, I'm hoping to pick up the last volume of Full Metal Panic this week when it comes out.

Full Metal Alchemist is really good too, but it's not related to FMP! at all.

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I've never seen FMP, would you recommend it? The last anime I've seen is Last Exile, and I'm thinking about starting a new series.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yes. FMP is great. There's also FMP?Fumoffu that explores the comedic side of things.

7. Anti-Trend

Would you Amazon it, or do you have a preferred vendor for anime?

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I usually just hit Best Buy first thing as I've not found it much cheaper on-line. A few bucks isn't enough to make me go for it on-line. They usually have their single disc DVD titles around $20. There are a few series I may have to go on-line to get if I can't find them between BB and Suncoast in the mall.

9. Anti-Trend

You must live somewhere in which Best Buy has a twin - but not an evil twin, because where I'm at Best Buy is the evil twin. I've bought anime sets from @mazon* that cost me $40 (new, box set, non-bootleg), where my local Best Buy had the same, exact set for $160! I couldn't even believe it. The only thing I buy at Best Buy is... no, wait, I don't buy anything at Best Buy. :p

* For some reason, some script is trying to render the word 'Amaz0n' as a link in some broken HTML. :confused:

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I got my box set of Martian Successor Nadesico for $60 at BB before, so that was a good deal for the whole 6-disc set.