Are we permitted?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Ferg, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

I have a WoW account I'm giving up and would like to sell it, are we permitted so sell such things here?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

As long as it's not illegal (i.e. you can't sell marijuana, a person, y'know--stuff like that), it's fine. As long as it's within the guidelines for selling WoW accounts and doesn't violate our forum rules (also see the BST sticky for BST specifics), there's no reason I see not to.

3. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Selling a WoW account does violate the privacy T&C of Blizzard and is such, illegal, in their eyes. The purchase of a copy of the game and registration of an account is for the use of one person only and cannot be resold. Same with WoW Pre-paid Time Cards, you can't resell those either, unused or not.

4. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Not how i read this:

Blizzards EULA Section 3B
    B. You may permanently transfer all of your rights and obligations under the License Agreement to another by physically transferring the original media (e.g., the CD-ROM or DVD you purchased), all original packaging, and all Manuals or other documentation distributed with the Game; provided, however, that you permanently delete all copies and installations of the Game in your possession or control, and that the recipient agrees to the terms of this License Agreement. The transferor (i.e., you), and not Blizzard, agrees to be solely responsible for any taxes, fees, charges, duties, withholdings, assessments, and the like, together with any interest, penalties, and additions imposed in connection with such transfer.

However if people are going to take issue with me advertising here then I will not.

5. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Hm, must've changed their T&C since I played, back then even if your partner or kids were playing on your account it was an issue to be banned by, friend of mine had that happen to them.

Sorry for the mix-up. :)