Ariel Atom

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Matt555, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Welcome to the Ariel Motor Atom web site

I WENT IN ONE!!!

The only one in Wales (I went there to visit a friend), my mates mum's boyfriend owns it, the thing is so freaking fast, 0-60mph in like 3.5secs, I'll get the photos off my mate when I can.

The air intake is right next to your ear, it's fairly quiet when going slow, then when the throttle is opened up it deafens you. The thing is just incredible.

2. zeus

zeus out of date

The power to weight ratio is great on this car! Nearly that of a bike. The supercharged Atom does 60mph in 2.8 sec I think, which is quick! Bugatti Veyron territory with speeds like that.

Did you see the s/c atom on top gear? Its the most impressive car on the show imo, the cost is the cherry on the cake!

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I did see that episode of Top Gear yes (plus I have Jeremy Clarksons 'Hot Metal' DVD which has the Atom on it too).

It's got something like 220BHP but when you consider it weighs about 500kgs all that power for such little weight is insane.

I think the guy is planning on getting a supercharger for it soon, he's just had a new exhaust fitted.

The thing that I loved is the way you can see everything moving (when your eyes aren't being pushed into the back of your skull that is). You can see the steering working, the throttle, brakes, suspension etc, it's great.

I want one.

4. Gerard

Gerard Geek Trainee

5. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

top gear is the shiznite, by the way its not fair that i can't live in/by europe. You guys get to have all the sweet stuff like diesels, or more than in just trucks.