ASUS Geforce 2

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by wompus, Apr 20, 2003.

1. wompus

wompus Geek Trainee

I have an ASUS Geforce 2 Pro AGP graphics card. For some reason this card only seems to work with very old detonater drivers. Any drivers within the last year cause it to lock up during a bunch of different games. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The newer drivers are made for the GeForce 3/4/FX cards and while they may work with the GF2's, they aren't optimized for those range of cards. The highest dets I've used with an GF2 card is the 21.81/21.83. Above that, I'd get lockups on even the desktop in a very random fashion. If not the 21.81/3's, I've found the 10.80's to work very well, at least under Win2k. I really can't say for Win98/ME. I'd probably stick with the 21.81's for XP, but that's just my opinion. The Win2k and XP drivers are usually the same thing (IMO, WinXP is Win2k Home).

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I have a Abit Siluro GeForce 2 MX400 and use the 30.82 drivers, anything above that doesn't work like it should.

4. wompus

wompus Geek Trainee

Thanks.
    I'm glad to know its not just me.
    I'll probably just get a 9500 Pro now.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Much more power anyway.