ATI Radeon 7000 Problems

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Mikhelos, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Mikhelos

Mikhelos Geek Trainee

I have had this card for almost eight months, and it has never worked appropriately. I now have it to where I can at least plug my monitor into it and I can use my computer regularly, however, the computer does not seem to know that it is a 64MB DDR card. I can check it in the device manager, and it does read as a 64MB card, but whenever I try to play a game higher than a 16MB minimum requirement, it will not work. When I first bought this card, I had a onboard graphics card that I could not disable, but now I have a new XFX motherboard (KT400ANB) that I believe does not have onboard graphics, but my card still does not work. I could really use some help.

Thanks

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What drivers are you using?

3. Mikhelos

Mikhelos Geek Trainee

I have the latest catalyst drivers from the official ATI site, along with the latest motherboard drivers.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, try it in a system that you know is working fine and that doesn't have on-board graphics.
    However, it just sounds like it's a bad card, and it can be replaced, but you'll need to get ahold of ATi and follow their RMA process to do that. You'll also be out of a card until you get the replacement back, just so you know.