ATI Radeon 9700 Pro Problems

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by hshah, Jan 8, 2003.

1. hshah

hshah Geek Trainee

Hello,

I have recently built my new system with the following specs:

MSI K7D Master Motherboard
    1 GB DDRRAM
    160 GB HDD
    2 x 2200+ MP AMD Athlons
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
    Soundblaster Audigy 2
    Lian Li PC 60
    Enermax 550W PSU
    Promise ATA 100 Controller Card
    Windows XP Pro

Anyway I have installed DirectX 9 and when I went to the ATI site to download the drivers, I told me the best ones would be the new Catalyst 3.0, so I go and install those! The problem arises when I install a program and then reboot. The graphics display reverts back to its standard resolution in Windows XP Pro (800 by 600 at 60Hz)!

Can someone please tell me why this happens and how I can stop it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    H D SHAH

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The first thing I'd suggest to do is try some different drivers. Also, Rage 3D has different drivers for the Radeon line along with ones tweaked by other people.
    Try that first, if that doesn't fix it, we'll go from there.

3. hshah

hshah Geek Trainee

well you don't know how many different sets of drivers i have tried, but all of them do the same. I am begining to think thats its not the graphics card!

4. syngod

syngod Moderator

Do you know what revision of the board your using? and also what AGP setting are you using, chances are it's probably the well known issue of quite a few motherboards having problems with ATi's cards.

Do you have access to any other gfx cards you can try, if so and the system is fine after that it's guaranteed to be a conflict with your board and card.