ati saphire x1950 pci-e

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by cloud17, Jun 17, 2007.

1. cloud17

cloud17 Geek Trainee

What should the max temp be on the x1950, because i caught mine nearing 80*c...

2. Addis

Addis The King

Graphics cards typically run hotter than CPUs, but 80c is still too high. Make sure you have adequate airflow in your case, try to tidy large or unnecessary cables.

3. cloud17

cloud17 Geek Trainee

ok thgis is getting stupid i was playing a game in windowed + some other stuff and i was watching my graphics card as it heated up and at parts is was almost at 100*c, now is my sensor wrong or is thats just too hot if so should i buy a new case ? becaus i have no ventalation at all + should i get a aftermarket cooler for it and if yes what one.

4. Dracos

Dracos Geek

no ventilation and overclocking, you must be crazy man you gonna burn up all the building :D

go buy a feel hurricane 2 case consisting the 550watt psu simply enough to satisfy you as in price case or performance

by the way, graphics card can tolerate up to 120 C degrees so keep it cool for high performance, right