Attach Charger directly to Battery Slot [Help Requested]

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by charlesdkd, Nov 8, 2010.

1. charlesdkd

charlesdkd Guest

Hello all,
    (You may skip to the red letters if you don't want to read the info)
    I bought the Acer 8920G when it came out (Don't ask my why, but the main reason was because it was the 1st 18.4" screen laptop)(About 1600 euro's)

After 2 happy years working with is, my screen went red and had several other weird reactions...
    So I brought it to a store who then send it to Acer in the Netherlands. (About 650 euro fees. new keyboard, motherboard, HD, GPU etc etc...)
    They then fixed the laptop, send it back and I was in a hurry as I travel a lot.

When I arrived at my destination I started using the laptop on battery and found out the charger wasn't working...
    So, by force for work, I bought a new laptop but HP(who still works).

now my Acer warranty is fully over and I am not going to pay another high price for that piece of crap.

So another local shop tried fixing the problem and have even tried a new power chip without positive results.

My question to you all is:
    Can I attach my charger instantly to the battery?
    I don't care if the laptop's battery is stuck in it and if the cable will be attached to the laptop for ever.
    View picture, it may help explain :p
    [​IMG]

I am not a smartass in power specs at all, so i wouldn't know if it would harm my battery and motherboard if I do this cycle.

Thank you!

Charles.