Audigy sound, lost, got, lost, after failed SP2 install

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by DBenz, Aug 27, 2007.

1. DBenz

DBenz Geek Trainee

Help please, Win XP SP1 PC, Audigy just fine, then install SP2, access denied 50% of the way through, install does a rollback, warning that some things may not work so well, and its lost me my sound :mad:
    Tried registry fixes progs, Creative diagnostics say hardware not found, but PC is dual boot and under Win2K audigy works fine. No doubt some tick box or entry somewhere corrupted. I have tried reloading the software from the CD back on, tried also uninstalling from CD then reinstalling, tried uninstall from add/rem progs then new install. Have not removed card as working in win2K so not card seating or cable problem.
    Ghost copied back on the copy I made of my boot drive prior to messing about with fixes, then tried for a repair from CD. Went into diagnostics and still fail declared, then whilst thats on screen, I was in word and heard paperclip go tink tink, wow...sound back, ran diagnostics and still fail, so its working, and well, and still diagnostics fail. Who cares if its working :D
    Do a restore point sensibly. (had none prior to SP2 fiasco....or SP2 wiped them ? ...that can happen I read )
    Few hrs later after need for reboot, no sound, so did restore to that restorepoint, but still no sound...oh sod ! :doh: Now thats frustrating !

Please help, spent two whole days non stop trying to fix this.
    Bloody SP2 :mad: its screwed up a few other things that I have now managed to recover.

DBenz

2. pingers

pingers Geek Trainee

Uninstall all the sound software, go in device manager and uninstall the sound card completely. Reboot. Should redetect and install it, then reinstall your audigy software. If it doesn't redetect, use the add hardware wizard in the control panel.