Automated messaging?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Egaladeist, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Seems I have a new problem...since I deleted the cookies....all my e-mails from you guys have said " this is an automated message do not reply because it will be ignored" which it never said before...soooooo...solutions?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I added that note at the top of the message as people were replying to the email rather than coming to the forums.

I get emails saying "thank you for the help" but I'm not the one who helped them...s

Egaladeist likes this.
  3. Egaladeist

okay! So I didn't screw up this time!
    :good:

I checked out the explanations you had on the cookies...I understand that it makes things run smoother...but I'm still a little foggy on the info it collects...like, for instance, does a shopping cart collect data on every purchase you make even on other sites..or just retain the data for that web site which placed the cookie? How invasive are cookies and should I be worried about them?

Also...can cookies deposit viruses and other problems? :confused: :good:

4. Addis

Addis The King

Normal websites like dabs or newegg will put cookies that are only read by that site. However you do get lots of tracking cookies on dodgy sites so its best to do a spy-ware scan every now and again.

5. Egaladeist

Thanks, addis!
    :good:

but i.m still a little unclear...what probably seems simple and obvious to you...isn't simple or obvious to a super newbie like me :eek:

What I'm looking for is more or less a simple yes or no answer...yes these cookies can invade and retrieve information off your comp...or no they can't...or sometimes they can depending on who's placing them?

And...should I be concerned about this...or not?

And..can these cookies deposit information or viruses?

I don't have Spyware. :)