Discussion in 'HWF Info & Issues' started by megabytes, Jan 3, 2007.

1. megabytes

megabytes Geek Trainee

Can anybody help me as i am a newbie how do i use a picture i have as an avatar or do i have to use the avatars that are offered:confused:

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

this thread is not really posted in the correct area, now it is[ot]i think you need to have made 50 posts[/ot]

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

There is a link on the top of this page/website for avatar. Click on that link...
    You can upload ur avatar directly from ur computer or u can use hyperlink or u can use the avatars from this website as well...

True

[ot]
    False... Coz i uploaded my avatar before making my first post :p also you need to have 50 posts only if u want to change that title above ur avatar.
    [/ot]

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You must have 50 posts to upload a custom avatar last I checked. Sniper or AT may have implemented the change. However, if not, then you can go to User CP at the top of the page and click on that. Then go to the 'Edit Avatar' link. Toward the bottom of the page, you'll have a box to upload from a hyperlink or from your computer...again, assuming there isn't a post count limitation.

5. shortcake

shortcake Geek Trainee

It is 50. I have only just realised i can change mine now as i previously couldn't :)

6. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

[ot]
    So it means that i got misunderstood with some other forums..hmm. My Bad!
    [/ot]

7. jaggy

jaggy Geek Trainee

Umm... I'm confused. If begabytes at this stage has 27 posts and has a custom picture, shouldn't I be able to get one too if I have 34 posts as of now? I can't find the link and My Edit Avatar options do not include that bottom part where you can upload one.
    Could anybody please help me?

8. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

megabytes doesn't have a custom avatar actually; it's one of the stock, pre-approved ones.

Attached Files:

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

For clarification: the 50 post limitation goes for custom avatars. We have a database of images that you can use from the get-go and can be used any time. You just can't upload and use a specialized avatar you have until you have 50 posts.

10. jaggy

jaggy Geek Trainee

I have 50 posts, I want my god damned avatar! :dry:

11. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Does this work?

12. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

I think there should be more stock avatars for people to choose from

13. jaggy

jaggy Geek Trainee

Yay! =D It workes..! Somehow I should have known it doesn't work right away. I just had to wait a day or so..